Clothing Folds (Part 1)
Adding the bigger version of the previously posted tutorial for the anons who couldn’t read it, also added the source. The second part will be added very soon. -ivona
A glorious fuck-ton of perspective angle references (per request).
[From various sources.]
For all those artists out there who want to know more about color picking, here’s a belated Christmas gift to y’all!
Troy is a painting machine. And none of this “How did you do that?” “Oh, I just paint” crap- he’s got it down to a science. When I’m approaching a problem, his stuff often pops into my head.
Troy, we gotta hang out more.
Another project in progress (finally), this one is a late birthday gift for my mother, as well as being a long-overdue addition to my prints lineup.
Figuring out the composition of this one was a real pain! It was originally going to be a full-body, but the way things were laid-out, the focal point ended up being right at her crotch… not quite where I wanted it, and it just looked out of balance. After asking a few friends for suggestions, I ended up settling on a bust, which I’m much happier with now.
Might do a few more tweaks before I start getting into details; the foreground might need to be a little different, and the girl’s position might shift a bit just to get everything just right. After all the little frustrations though (I absolutely love how the background came out, and couldn’t get the girl to fit into it properly), I’m liking where this is headed, now.
Oh, I need to update this blog more often. Anyway, a little something from over the summer, an update to my original “Hybrid-girl" painting; more detail in the trees, a wider canvas, all set for printing! Just need more prints before I can head to any conventions or anything.
I did some shading practice today. It’s not perfectly accurate, but it looks pretty nice, if I do say so myself.
First update to this blog since forever ago! I’ve got something cool to show off today, though. (in my opinion.)
I’m eager for the opportunity to showcase some of my work in Otakon’s upcoming Art Show, and that means I’ve gotta print some stuff out! My hybrid-girl painting is still my favorite finished piece, but due to the size I painted it at, it’s not very well-suited to printing. (at 300ppi, it’s 4.8 by 8.533 inches… a bit smaller than I need it, and at an awkward aspect ratio.)
So, time to scale up and extend it! Happily, it upscales very nicely with the way I’d painted it, and extending the sides is something I’ve actually had experience with before; I’ve extended the right side of it a few times already, to create my site’s banners. Since everything’s still saved in its original layers, it’s a simple matter of going back through the layers and continuing the process to the left and right.
I’ll also be taking the opportunity to make some little improvements to the painting as a whole, too. Little bits of contrast (or lack thereof) that have been bugging me, details that could be more detailed, hard lines that could be softer… I won’t be going overboard on it, but I’m excited to revisit this piece.
And for those of you headed to Otakon, with a bit of luck, you’ll be able to see this piece up for sale in the Art Show! I’ll be selling prints of this later as well, but the one in the Art Show will be print #1… my first print for sale, and I’ll be sure to sign and mark it as such, so it’s somewhat of a collector’s item.
Just in case you’re interested in bidding on a little piece of my history, haha.